Piece of the Puzzle

Piece of the Puzzle

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A hole in my heart

A couple of days ago we were informed that the results of an EGK for our son showed that he has a hole in his heart and he has also been diagnosed with asthma.  He has a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to determine the next course of action - possibly surgery.

Ever since I got the news I feel as though I have a hole in my heart. My heart just grieves for him. I feel as though the hole in my heart is only going to be whole when I'm able to hold him in my arms. It's strange that this child that I have only met twice has managed to carve out such a big place in my heart and in my thoughts. If he has to have surgery, I want to be the "mommy" that is waiting for him when he wakes up from surgery. I want to be the "mommy" that cares for him and nurses him back to recovery. I almost feel jealous of his "family" in Jamaica that gets to be with him every day - watching him grow up and experience life.

Our 2nd home study visit was today - mine and Fil's interviews. I'm so thankful that we have taken one more step on this journey. I'm praying that the finances will be provided and the process expedited so that our son is home for the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Sandz, there is no doubt in my heart that you are destined and already CHOSEN to be this very special little boy's mother. I will pray that his surgery to repair the whole is guided by our Creator and successful. I am also praying that you and your husband can soon have thischild in your everlasting loving care. Good luck my fam :)!!!

    ReplyDelete