Piece of the Puzzle

Piece of the Puzzle

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The best gift of all - Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today was the best day in the classroom or maybe I was just more sensitive & sentimental. I tried to create a permanent imprint on my brain of every smile, every hug and every silly saying today. I can't believe how connected I've become to all the children is such a short time. It's hard to believe I've only been in the classroom for 4 days.

I spent all morning with the thought of adoption circling around in my head. I just couldn't shake it, so I figured the best thing was to just find out if any of the children were eligible for adoption. If none of them were, then I hoped it would quiet the voice that had been nagging me since yesterday. I know that if we were even to pursue considering it, the child would have to be a boy younger than Jelly Bean. I first asked the "Mr. Steve" who was leading our team in the absence of the COR missionaries. He told me he thought a couple of the kids might be eligible and said he would check with the missionaries. He also suggested that I talk with two of the house mothers, so I did. She thought that there were some children that were complete "orphans" and eligible for adoption - they were all boys under 12. WOW, all boys and all younger than my youngest. I couldn't believe how all my "stipulations" were lining up with the children who could be adopted.

At dinner I was sharing with one of our team members that I was feeling led to pursue adopting one of the children. We began talking about the expenses of an international adoption, which of course I have not been planning for!  He then offered to help with funds if Fil & I were actually able to adopt one of the children.  I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't control the tears which began to stream down my face. It's feeling like God is putting all the pieces into place for this to happen.

This was certainly not what I had planned when I left home almost a week ago. I left home with the thought of bringing gifts and service to the City of Refuge and I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to be given the best gift ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment